Thursday 22 May 2008

web site work continues...

After consulting our technician at college and describing what I want from my website, he advised me that Flash would be the best program to use to achieve the effects I'm looking for.
I have been studying a Flash text book to improve my skills in using the program, and have been working on constructing the page that I have in mind. Though there are some draw backs to having a completely Flash based site, I don't think this would be a problem for the kind of page that I want to build. It will have relatively few sub pages, none of which would need to be bookmarked independently, and is mainly picture based rather than incorporating a lot of text. Flash is well suited to creating the types of display that I want, and is highly appropriate to the genre my page will belong to.

Unfortunately, I cannot upload Flash SWF files onto my blog to show the animation work I have made so far.
Below is a screen shot of the file - I have adjusted the original layout slightly by elongating the size to accommodate a larger picture viewer, and have added two more links to the side menu which I think would be useful to the site.


No comments: