Monday 22 October 2007

Map project continues...

I've been recording some conversations on a dictaphone, and trying to figure out how I'd like to construct my map, and what information it should include... After seeing a typographic diagram based around a circle that someone had shown as research in our group meeting on Friday, I had an idea of one way I could make my map... I wrote it on the back of a cinema ticket, which was the only thing I had to hand at the time...



It may be slightly difficult to read... The idea is that circles will represent different topics in the conversation. The remarks made on this topic (in type) will radiate from the circumference of the circle and there could be a scale on the inside of the circle (like on a clock face) representing the time elapsed in the conversation. A comment which results in a change of topic branches out to start a new circle.

Here's a rough (but still neater!) version I've started on Illustrator...



Here are some more worked into versions I've made...





I've been thinking about adding some sort of divisions inside the topic circles to represent the time elapsed during the conversation, as I originally planned in my cinema ticket sketch. I'm not sure though... I think maybe it might be better without. Here are a few research images of clock faces I've been looking at though...



No comments: