Thursday 18 October 2007

Map project

Maps of all sorts can always be exciting, but I liked the idea of trying to make a map of something that doesn't usually get made into a map...
I'm not sure why, but the first thing that came to mind was conversations.
Conversations can easily be thought about visually, and I liked the idea of trying to express a conversation; map it out, using images to show the different ideas, thoughts and topics. Conversations also have a flow, and can be linear, since they elapse over a specific time period...
I thought it would be interesting to try and map out a conversation, and its progressions and random tangents in a sort of flow chart perhaps, to illustrate the passage of time as well as the ideas discussed.
So I have been researching visual ways of expressing thoughts and ideas, such as mind maps, and also some strange examples of mapped conversations which I found on Google image. I have also been trying to focus on my conversations with people, follwing how the topics progress and evolve. I have got hold of a dictaphone which I'm going to use to record some conversations over the weekend... which should be fun!!

Here are some of the images I found online...






No comments: