Thursday 11 October 2007

Video...

Here's my video from our first project.
It's basically the past year of my life with my boyfriend documented in photos...
I take a lot of photos and I'm always struck by their ability to bring memories flooding back.
I thought about the past year of my life, which has ben really significant for me in that I began my relationship with my boyfriend almost exactly a year ago, which is the longest relationship I've ever been in, and I decided I wanted to try and condense all my memories of my time with him into a mintue (or so) of moving image using a very fast moving slide show. Here it is...



To make the opening shots of the orchid flower reanimating itself, or coming back to life from its shiveley dead-ness, I thought it would be best to get hold of a suitable flower, and then wait for it to wilt naturally, photographing it regularly from the same angle and lighting conditions as it did so. However, I realised that due to the time constraints of the project, there wouldn't be enough time for this... So I decided that I could speed up the "wilting" process by cooking my orchid in the oven, and as long as I photographed it regularly enough (every 3 minutes or so in a 150 degree fan oven!), a very similar effect could be achieved. I'm quite pleased with the results, but I do think if I'd individually adjusted each shot, (upping the brightness, particularly) it would look better. Here are some of the original shots of the flower...







No comments: