Thursday 14 May 2009

CD packaging...

Today I have been researching CD packaging online with regards to finding a way of packaging my finished project CD submission on the 2nd of June...
My first idea was to package the disk of work inside a bible, with a disk shaped area cut out of the pages to house the disk, a CD button on the back page to secure it. My main concern with this idea was the potential difficulty of making it look slick and professional - I would need to cut the pages myself by hand and I suspect it would be very difficult to get the cuts even and perfectly matched... The other option would be to have a chunk of the pages professionally cut using a die of some sort, but I imagine this would be extremely expensive and perhaps not even possible if the pages are already bound into an existing bible. If I had no budget worries I would look into this, but I am already obligated to pay a large amount of money to the sign workshop so I think this idea is going to have to go out of the window.

I decided to do a search for "leather bound cd cases" on the off chance that there might be something ready made along the same lines as the bible idea that I could customise, and came across these leather DVD cases designed for wedding DVDs... they've been made to look like books (definitely bible-like!) and could do very nicely I think...








I've sent a couple of emails out to two different wedding planning companies that supply the cases to ask if they can take single orders, and customise the engraved text.

Another option would be to buy one of these black leather DVD cases (which are sold online individually) and to have a CDR custom printed to go inside. I am also looking into the possibility of having the DIVINE logo foil blocked onto the cover.

No comments: